Find out about OPC Unified Architecture and Web Services
OPC Overview: Students learn the fundamental concepts and vision of OPC UA. Students compare traditional connectivity methods to OPC and discuss the strength each method offers. The class also compares Classic (DCOM-based) OPC and OPC UA. Hands-on examples help build the framework by which students learn how to apply each technology appropriately.
OPC UA Specifications: Students receive coverage of the 11 independent OPC UA specifications including Overview and Concepts, Security Model, Address Space Model, Services, Information Model, Mappings, Profiles, Data Access, Alarms, Programs, and Historical Access. The hands-on examples illustrate the key functionalities that specifications provide.
OPC UA Performance: The class covers the strengths and weaknesses of OPC UA with respect to performance. This will enable students to understand how Classic OPC and OPC UA handle communication with lower-level PLCs versus enterprise applications. Hands-on examples show communication benchmarks.
OPC UA Support: The class is introduced to the various vendors that currently support OPC UA and their capabilities. Discussions and examples help students create full-scale solution architectures.
Interoperability and Results: OPC relies on the ability of various vendors to interoperate. The class discusses the results from OPC Interoperability tests that occur at various locations around the world.
Upon completion of this training, students will have learned:
- The various OPC UA specifications including Overview and Concepts, Security Model, Address Space Model, Services, Information Model, Mappings, Profiles, Data Access, Alarms, Programs, and Historical Access
- Improved system reliability using standards-based technology
- To configure and test OPC UA applications
- Communication over a wide area network that includes barriers such as firewalls and network address translation
- How to configure OPC UA to comply with network security policies
- How to diagnose OPC UA connectivity issues
- OPC Best Practices to avoid common pitfalls
Course Length: 12 hours
OPCTI provides the following during training:
- Dedicated use of a computer for the duration of the course
- Level 3: “OPC UA (OPC Unified Architecture)” resource workbook
- Certified OPC Professional Level 3 Certificate (upon successful completion)
OPCTI provides hands-on training and as such, each student receives their own dedicated computer for the duration of the training so they can complete all the exercises on their own. Students are also permitted to bring their own laptops. OPCTI provides all the necessary software licenses. The software used is from various vendors to expose students to a variety of solutions and ensure a vendor-neutral message.